Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Version Of Frontega Chicken Sandwich

As much as I adore soup, I equally love their chewy companions, the all mighty, often cleverly crafted Sandwich. There is something divine about the unlikely partnership between an array of unrelated ingredients and two pieces of bread. Alone, not so interesting. But stacked together? Sheer culinary genius. 

Thinking along the lines of my current obsession with Panera, my mind fell on my favorite sandwich there: The Frontega Chicken Sandwich. Yum and Yum.  In my recipe, I've streamlined a few of the ingredients to keep it easy and quick. Taste wise, it's all still there. Still yum. And yum.

What You'll Need:
1 rotisserie chicken
 (why not let the grocery store do the cooking for you?)
1 tomato
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Loosely chopped basil
Chipotle Mayo
 (Buy this in the mayo aisle. Easy Peasey Lemon Squeezy).
1 red onion
 (I saute the onions, caramelizing them with some sugar. Tasty).
Foccacia bread or Ciabatta rolls
 (You can buy the Foccacia from Panera, or making it isn't too tricky; there are recipes on line if you want to give it a shot. I like using the Ciabatta rolls myself; they squish down nicely with the panini press.)

What You'll Do:
Pile all ingredients on to your choice of bread, and then grill away. I use my handy dandy panini press, but you could just go Mr. Grilled Cheese on this and use a skillet. It's all good.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment