Friday, July 8, 2011

Day After Birthday Ponderings

I just spent a half hour typing out a wonderful piece on birthdays and how much they change from childhood to adulthood.

It was filled with humor, sarcasm, and wit. My favorite trio.

I had spell checked it.

Proof read and actually edited it.

It was golden.

It was great.

You would have loved it, I know I did.

And then in the midst of typing the title :" 'Nother Birthday", which may or may not have been a clever title, it went away.

Poof!

Gone.

I hit some sadistic combination of keys on my keyboard. You know the one; it's the kind you'll never actually figure out exactly other than to know that you sincerely hope you never accidentally hit it again.

In the blink of an eye.

Gone.

So you sit here reading this instead. Maybe it's not so glamorous. Not so sophisticated. But rest assured it's got feeling. Oh, just ever so much of it, typed right into all these words. Click-click-click-click. So much feeling.

And so today, the day after my birthday, I have decide to disdain technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment