Saturday, January 23, 2010

Looking Back At Days of Yore. Part 1

It seems like eons ago that my twins, Ashlyn & Caedance were in diapers. Maybe it is just a mental form of self preservation, maybe it is sheer exhaustion, or maybe it's just an unwillingness on my part to remember any of that particular unpleasant-ness. But, alas, I can't seem to recall my two toddling toddlers waddling about in full diapers.

But it DID happen.

I have proof. (No, I don't mean the stains on the carpet. We still have a don't ask, don't tell policy here, which will come in a later story). I digress.

Deep in the thick of what we've affectionately termed Potty Training Horrors, I wrote off several bits of fantasy. Perhaps as a means of escape. Perhaps as a way to cope. I'll never know now. What I do know and can say for sure is that now it's funny to me. And since I am now able to laugh at a great many of my follies from those earlier days of parenting, I'll record them here for others to enjoy too.

Who knows? Maybe they'll help some other extremely tired and weary mommy or daddy through their own torrid toilet battles.

No comments:

Post a Comment