Friday, June 24, 2011

Free The Tatas.

One of the daily blessings that comes with young children in your house is the complete and utter unpredictability that is innate to their nature. And the sneakiness of it too. Just when I think I've got them pegged down, or when I find myself missing those oddly random comments that so characterized their earlier years, they surprise me yet again.

This morning we all woke up and padded downstairs, clad in our jammies. It's not that I'm not a morning person; it's more that I just really, really, really like to spend my morning sleeping. Is that so wrong, I ask you? Anyway, I was up and at 'em (whoever the mysterious 'em' might be), and ready to feed my kiddos.

Our "Go-To" breakfast of choice is Pop Tarts. They love them just so very much, so I keep a rainbow of flavors on hand at all times. Today we walked into the kitchen to find that one (or more) of our 3 cats had raided this cupboard, rooting through the boxes and eating her way through several pouches. (Now, I don't know who the culprit was, but if I find multi-colored sprinkled cat puke anywhere in this house, tails are gonna roll). There was a potpourri of sprinkles, crusts, and frosting bits all over the floor. This was not the way I wanted to start my morning, thank you very much. I spent awhile cleaning up the crumby mess the cats left for me, and then finally sat down for my own "Go To" breakfast: coffee. Hello, dear friend of mine.

It was starting to become less 'morning' and more 'afternoon' when I determined it was probably time to pull our act into gear and get ready for the day. I called the girls to come upstairs with me to get dressed, shepherding them up the stairs as I went.  Caedance stopped on the landing, looked at me with her head tilted sideways in a thoughtful gesture, and said,

"Mama, your tatas are free."

Remember, I was still in my pajamas at this point, and since I am not one to sleep all trussed up, yes, I suppose one might say they were..."free". And in my defense, I am not, as one might say, heavily endowed in this area either.

"Mama," she continued, "that is so much fun!"

Well what do you think of that.

"Gosh, thanks sweetie. That's just great of you to say. It's probably time for us to get dressed for the day now, huh?"

Move along kiddo, nothing more to see here.

"Oh, Mama. But free tatas are okay too."

Alrighty then.

From the mouths of babes, I guess. Right?





No comments:

Post a Comment